Labels

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lover...

Music playing in the background as I think of my lover, my husband, the one true love of my life. Today was an amazing day in Him- we started out together and ended together. Even when I was upset/hurt He was there. He was amazing!
Song: Dance With Me
By: Paul Wilbur
Dance with me
O lover of my soul
To the song of all songs
Romance me
O lover of my soul
To the song of all songs
Behold You have come
Over the hills
Upon the mountains
To me You have run
My beloved
You've captured my heart
With You I will go
You are my love
You are my fair one
Winter is past
And the springtime has come
Dance with me
Dance with me
O lover of my soul
To the song of all songs
Romance me
O Lover of my soul
To the song of all songs

I feel like singing, dancing & crying out to God as I did one time ago. The music is inside me, His love & Word is inside me like a fire shut up in my bones. I remember for years I was a wallflower watching from the sidelines as other Daughters of the King danced with Him. I never felt good enough to sing or dance for Him- I now do. I now know that it isn't about me and my worth or talent- but about my availability.
For the next three weeks I am focusing on finding the joy & true love I had with the Lover of my Soul. It is one of the things on my list and I know the music will aid in achieving this goal. Music just does something for me- I get so lost in it & I get taken away many times. I'm going to ingest as much gospel music as possible so that I can be romanced through the words in the songs as I am with the words in the Bible.
Last night I twirled around my cousin's home excitedly as we sang to this beautiful Praise song. Tonight I lay in bed recalling moments when I danced with Him like this. I remember when I would pray for Him to show me His love & His glory, He would in turn send me beautiful sunrises because He knew I loved them. One morning I was so depressed & asked Him to buoy my Spirits up- He sent an elderly gentleman with a Yellow rose. For a while I had slowed down on the severity of our relationship, but I no longer will hide it- I love Him too much to hide it.
I want to challenge you to challenge your relationship with Him. Instead of a hit & run prayer spend time with Him. Start with 15 minutes and you'll be surprised how easy it would be to stay with Him longer. Our Lover wants to romance us, dance with us & make us feel His love. Take the challenge & get to know Him better!
As I leave happily praising, praying & thanking Him for His love- I pray that you keep Psalm 34:1-8 in your Heart & Spirit!
The Dancing (No longer a Wallflower) Diarist
Every moment is meant to be taken in & reflected on.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device available from BTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment