Labels

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Engaged!!!


One of my best friends announced the other day that she is engaged and I am so excited for her. I am happy for this new phase of her life. Being engaged is crazy but I wouldn't trade it for nothing. I love knowing that my man loves me enough that he wants to be committed to me (no matter how crazy, neurotic and peppy I am). Both our fiancés feel like we are good things. (Proverbs 18:22)
Don't get me wrong- being engaged is NO piece of cake. We have had to change our wedding date due to internal & external factors, one family is 'interesting' (to say the least) as it relates to our relationship, we are both currently unemployed & about to go back to school, but I know we will be married. I have faith in us- if I hadn't I wouldn't have said yes.
Engagement puts many thoughts in the minds of those in and around your life, no matter who you are there is excitement, fear, envy and even sadness at the thought forgetting that for everything there is a time for everything under the sun (Ecclesiastes 3:1). The planning of a wedding has been 'thought' to be the happiest moment of life for a woman- but it isn't always. For me I was happier @ times planning my birthday celebrations.
I have been helping my cousin with her wedding (designing invitations, programs and other items) and I have seen bridesmaids drop out (me being one of them), fights with future in-laws & with the future spouse. It is not for the faint hearted- I feel like honestly, getting eloped is quieter, cheaper & less nerve wrecking.
As a future bride I have had my say yes to the dress moment (trying on dream gowns with my aunts), I've budgeted to the 't' what I wanted but honestly the wedding isn't the biggest day of our lives. Working on us as a couple & individually in marriage will be much more important. I feel like if people spent as much time planning for the actually marriage (with counseling, research & prayer) as much as they did for the wedding day they would be less likely to spend an insane amount keeping up with the Jones' wedding day and not lasting five years.
Engagement isn't something that should be entered in lightly as marriage is one of the things Adam & Eve got to bring out of the Garden of Eden. Not everyone will get married & stay married (even as I may want them to.) So as my bestie celebrates & I celebrate with her I hope that you are encouraged and keep us in your prayers. Keep Ecclesiastes 3:11 & I Corinthians 13 in your heart & spirit!
The Diarist
Every moment is meant to be taken in & reflected on.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device available from BTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment