Labels

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Flowers




One of my favorite flower is the rose. I have always found varying ways/reasons to compare myself to the rose. But as I started to work at a Destination Management Company in Nassau- I learned about varying types of roses and flowers to fall in love with.

Flowers come in so many varieties: vibrant colors, muted colors, with some being short, others are tall & willowy. I love the fact that flowers are so unique even withing the same classification. Looking at flowers I look at people in general. God truly is a creative God. No matter what- there will never be another you. There will never be another me.

Yet in today's society & church we have seriously tried to create carbon copies of each other- when it is in our diversities that there is strength. I cannot be like my sisters, my friends, cousins nor my co=workers. I can only be myself. Natasha. There will never be another Natasha like me. Yet society will try to tell me that who I am is not enough. But who I am is. I can only live my life for me. My flower may be brighter, taller or thornier than others, but God loves it.

I have seriously been trying to find what my brand or uniqueness is within this past year. In this time I have started shopping for items that are seriously unique to me & my tastes. If it moves me I wear it- if not I'll forget it. I've also been seeking to renew & re-create my insides. I have been letting God be the gardener. He has seriously been renovating my heart.

As I leave, I want you to keep in your hear & mind Matthew 6:28-30. Consider the lilies- know that God loves & cares for you better than any flower!

Love ya!

The Diarist
{For Every moment was meant to be taken in & reflected upon.}

1 comment: