Labels

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Highway...




It seems that in life most people have the idea that it is their way or the highway- when it isn't. It is ultimately about God's way. I am sitting here worrying (which then turns to fear) about my future and how I want it to play out in a manner that others will be proud of. I have to finish training at the right time, have the right job, marry at the right time with all the right blessings, have kids at the right time 3-5 years after getting married. But it is not about what others want- it is about what God wants.

I recently found out that a friend is expecting a child and I am so excited for her but I know that many around me would say that she is not being wise or using her twenties wisely. Why is she not I wonder? Why is it that to be seen as a modern woman I am told to buy into the lie that wanting kids before thirties is wrong? That I have to save the world before I can be a wife or mother? Like how is the life she is living hurting anyone? She has one of the greatest jobs in the world- being a mother to children that God blessed her with.

Today I went to my younger sister's graduation where a lot of the mothers were about my age or just a few years older which kinda threw me for a second. Like whilst I was babysitting my sister in high school they were having kids. It kinda made me wonder how old the mothers will be when I have kids. I am twenty-five and in under a month will be twenty-six with no kids on the horizon for a little while longer. I noticed that though there were young mothers the kids were excelling. Who is to say that their kids would not end up being proteges of some sort?

Who tells us what we are to do with our lives? Why do we feel like we should live up to what they have told us? At times the urge to have a child is really strong but I feel like the timing isn't right in God's eyes- no matter how much I may want it. Is it wrong to want one? No! For me what is wrong is when others dictate when it is right for me to have/not have one.

Me & my then 1 yr old god-daughter (she has helped me to quiet my yearnings)




I absolutely adore children and I have always known that someday I am to have my own. In the end it is just another ramble because I am tired of being TOLD when it will be okay. Only God knows when that day will be- and when it is okay to have kids no ones opinions will matter but me & my husband. So if it is today, tomorrow or ten years from now only God knows and can tell me what to do. So guess what- I will take that highway... Thank you but no thanks!

I just can't get why people could not love these sweeties... to each his own!

Keep Matthew 7: 13- 14 in your spirit as you remember that it is God's way or no way!
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” 

The Diarist
For each moment was meant to be taken in and reflected upon...

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting food for thought. I agree that society has a way of defining our lives but we must remember the true Master in all things: Christ. The scripture is a helpful reminder too :)

    ReplyDelete