Labels

Friday, June 24, 2011

Advice...

You ever notice that everyone has ideas on how you should do everything- even the persons you are not that close to? Someone told me they thought I should either lock my hair if I wanted to stay natural or perm it straight because they didn't like the way I looked with my hair in a puff. To that idea all I could say was no. I refuse to wear my hair the way others want me to wear it. I take others ideas into consideration (like my parents who control how often I have access to my sisters, William and a very few close friends), but for the most part it comes down to my happiness.

Everyone has there two cents on how you should go about being you- you at times have advice for them. How do we sort through the riff-raff to find truth and beauty inside these nuggets/morsels of advice? We do this by turning to God in prayer not in some things (as I make the mistake of doing), but in ALL things. He in turn turns our dying to ourselves into something truly beautiful.

SO next time someone says something to you that you disagree with or see no merit to pray on it & let God show you the way in which you should walk. He knows the way better than anyone else does.

Until next time keep Philippians 1:6 in your heart and spirt.

The Diarist
For every moment of our lives is to be taken in and reflected on.

No comments:

Post a Comment