Labels

Friday, May 16, 2014

My Story, My Dreams, My Thanks!

Everyone has a story. In each story there are protagonists, and antagonists- and in every story are the background characters who would be the friends or alliances of the main characters. Friendships can make or break you. My story is filled with friends and acquaintances who have taught me so much about myself and who I am. I know that it is all because of God. 


And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end


 

My story is one of a girl who is too logical to be a dreamer but in her deepest recesses she is one and dearly wants to be released. Through her friendships she is learning and has learned that dreams are real and they can and will come true. My friends have taught me so much. I look at our lives and realize we are growing in our destinies. I realize that my deepest fears were just that. You can fall in love, get married, get 'fat', and be your worst self- yet still have a man who loves even the smallest part of you. You can go through an all out war due to some serious misunderstandings where all sides disrespect each other and end up having a close relationship with in-laws that rival and at times surpass the ones you have with your family. (Sorry Mrs. T for hurting you. I do love you and look to you like a mom!)

My friends have inspired me to work at my dreams. I have a dream of someday writing and publishing my own novel. I'm working on that dream now. One of my dreams is to learn how to sew. My dream project is the picture of the yellow dress below but for now I am working on a simple yet elegant two piece for an upcoming wedding. My friend Olivia is teaching me how to sew. I am working hard at emptying myself of my dreams so I can start new ones.





To my friends, my family and my in-laws- I thank God for you. You inspire me to be more and do more. I know I can do it all because of you! Keep Ecclesiastes 4:12 in your hearts and spirits.

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." [Ecclesiastes 4:12. NLT]



~The Diarist~
Every moment is meant to be taken in and reflected on.



No comments:

Post a Comment